In a better game than expected, neither team wanted the win, but in the end, Denver got their fourth W
NFL Week 10 is on the books. After a great week with some great games, another one was decided with a field goal in the last second of the game. The Denver Broncos beat the Buffalo Bills 24-22 on MNF and are now up to 4-5. Meanwhile, the Bills fall to 5-5. This was the sixth game of the week decided by a game-winning FG with no time left in the clock. It was also the 10th of 14 games decided by less than seven points in Week 10.
We were not expecting a great game last night, but both teams delivered an entertaining match. Mostly because of the many turnovers, especially from the home team, the Bills. To exemplify that, they suffered and lost a fumble in the very first scrimmage play of the game.
But Denver could not capitalize on those uncountable mistakes. It was almost as if neither team wanted to win the game. While Buffalo ended the game with two lost fumbles and two interceptions, the Broncos had one fumble themselves as well as two missed extra points.
Now, enough of the mistakes. Denver scored first with a field goal. Then with an amazing touchdown from Courtland Sutton, they opened a 9-0 lead. But somehow, after the teams went back to the locker rooms with Denver leading 15-8, the Bills tied the game 15-15. Later in the second half, Buffalo was winning 22-21 inside the 2-minute warning.
After that, Wil Lutz gave Denver the win with a 36-yard field goal in the very last play of the game. But before that, he missed a 41-yard attempt, and the Bills would win the game. But they had 12 men on the defense, resulting in a 5-yard penalty and another chance for the kick. This time it was good.
Check the numbers from some players in last night’s game.
- QB Russell Wilson – 24/29, 193 YDS, 2 TDS, 9 CAR, 30 RUSH YDS
- RB Javonte Williams – 21 CAR, 79 YDS, 4 REC, 31 REC YDS, 1 REC TD
- WR Courtland Sutton – 8 REC, 53 YDS, 1 TD
- CB Fabian Moreau – 5 TCKS, 1 INT
- S Justin Simmons – 5 TCKLS, 1 INT
- K Wil Lutz – 4/4 FGS (40, 49, 40, 36), 0/2 PATS, 12 PTS
- QB Josh Allen – 15/26, 177 YDS, 1 TD, 2 INT, 4 CAR, 13 RUSH YDS, 1 RUSH TD
- RB James Cook – 12 CAR, 109 YDS
- RB Latavius Murray – 9 CAR, 68 YDS, 1 TD
- TE Dalton Kincaid – 5 REC, 51 YDS, 1 TD
- LB Terrel Bernard – 13 TCKLS, 1 SACK
Check out the outcome of our prop predictions for this game.
- Javonte Williams (DEN) over 14.5 rushing attempts (21 ATT)
- Josh Allen (BUF) over 33.5 passing attempts (26 ATT)
- Wil Lutz (DEN) over 5.5 kicking points (12 PTS)
- Josh Allen (BUF) to score a touchdown (1 RUSH TD)