The Pick: Washington +7.5 at -110 (10/11) (bet365)
The Washington Wizards were active in the trade market on Monday. They made a deal with the LA Lakers, one that sent Rui Hachimura from the team in exchange for Kendrick Nunn. The Wizards will contest their first game since making the trade when they face the Dallas Mavericks on Tuesday, January 24th, 2023.
The Mavericks, who have really slid down the standings lately, will host the game with a start time of 8:00 PM ET. The Wizards are heading into the game as underdogs, with the spread set at +7.5 (bet365).
Wizards vs Mavericks – NBA: Game Details Summary
- Washington 20-26 overall: +7.5 (bet365)
- Wizards' moneyline betting odds: +240
- Dallas 25-23 overall: -7.5 (bet365)
- Mavericks' moneyline betting odds: -300
- Game time: Tuesday, January 24th, 2023 @ 8:00 PM ET
The Washington Wizards will enter the game with an overall record of 20-26 on the season. They will be without Kristaps Porzingis for the near future as he is considered week-to-week. The trade of Hachimura and the injury to Porzingis could spell the end of Washington and their hopes of making the playoffs. However, Bradley Beal might light this game up against an off-form Dallas team.
Dallas Mavericks: Recent Form Alert
- Dallas Mavericks were 22-16 (January 4th, 2023)
- Heading into this game they are 25-23
- The Mavs are 3-7 in their last 10 games
The Dallas Mavericks are 25-23 on the season. However, if you applied a spread of -7.5 to their last 11 games, then they would be just 2-9. With Dallas, it’s not really clear what the problem is but lots of teams have had surprising results against the Mavs lately. Take Washington with a handicap that looks large for this game.
Wizards vs Mavericks betting recommendation
- Washington +7.5 with bet365 at -110 (10/11)
- Further reading: Our recent NBA Power Rankings