The Pick: Lakers +5.0 at -110 (bet365)
The late game on Tuesday night will come from Los Angeles. The LA Clippers, a team that has struggled for a few weeks, will face the LA Lakers on January 24th with a start time of 7:00 PM PT. The Clippers, at the time of writing, were the favorites, set at -5.0 (bet365). However, the handicap on the Lakers is the better bet to make as they are the ones in the sharper form.
Clippers vs Lakers – NBA: Game Details Summary
- LA 25-24 overall: -5.0 (bet365)
- Clippers' moneyline betting odds: -200
- LA 22-25 overall: +5.0 (bet365)
- Lakers' moneyline betting odds: +170
- Game time: Tuesday, January 24th, 2023 @ 7:00 PM PT
The LA Clippers will enter the game with an overall record of 25-24 on the season. The Clippers have won their last two games but the competition was just San Antonio and the struggling Dallas Mavericks. Looking at about the last four weeks, the Clippers have really struggled on the courts. They are just 4-9 over that time frame, a range of games that included several double-digit-spread losses.
LA Clippers: Recent Form Alert
- LA Clippers were 21-15 (December 28th, 2022)
- Heading into this game they are 25-24
- The Clippers are just 4-9 in their last 13 games
The LA Lakers are 22-25 on the season. At first glance, the Clippers might look like the better team. However, the Lakers have made a case for themselves as a playoff contender. They should be a .500 team soon and they’ve enjoyed a stretch where they have gone 8-4. The Lakers have quality wins over Miami, Sacramento, and Memphis and promise to handle a struggling Clippers team.
LeBron James (pictured) started the day as questionable. The Lakers would be a good moneyline pick with him in the game for sure. As it is, bettors should stick to the handicap of +5.0. The Clippers can be opposed to covering a spread against a lot of teams right now, even a Laker team that might be without LeBron.
Clippers vs Lakers betting recommendation
- Lakers +5.0 with bet365 at -110 (10/11)
- Further reading: Our recent NBA Power Rankings