The Milwaukee Bucks have a win total that increased since we last looked at this team. They have been on a rampage in the NBA over the last couple of weeks, winning twelve straight games. Previously, they were at 53.5 on January 22nd but their win total is now 55.5 with the same sportsbook, bet365. This is a team that got some good luck with the timing of the All-Star break.
Milwaukee Bucks win-total (bet365): 55.5 (simplified perspective)
- Current winning rate: 70.69%
- The winning rate needed for OVER 55.5: 68.29%
- Difference: 2.4%
- Simplified conclusion: the Bucks are ahead of their win-total projection
The bullet points above show that Milwaukee is on pace to beat its win total of 55.5. This is a team that had mounting injuries or roster concerns when the All-Star break hit.
Giannis Antetokounmpo had his right-wrist sprain, Khris Middleton was day-to-day, Jae Crowder had just joined the team, and Bobby Portis had a knee injury. While the break does interrupt their winning streak, it also affords a week for the team to manage some situations with their roster. The Bucks may be as strong as ever when play resumes.
Milwaukee Bucks: Recent Form Alert
- Formerly: 22 – 12 on December 31st, 2022
- Currently: 41 – 17 (overall)
- Recent form: 19 – 5 since December 31st, 2022
- Recent winning rate: 79.17%
- Milwaukee Bucks’ recent form: 10.88% compared to what they need overall
When you look at the last month and a half, the Bucks are playing well above the winning rate that they need to beat their win total. Looking at the bullet points below, they would only need to go 15-9 to beat 55.5 at this point.
When it comes to elite teams, there is one problem when betting over their win total. Elite teams sometimes rest their best players in the final games of the regular season. The Bucks finish the season with Chicago, Memphis, and Toronto. There could be 2 or 3 losses there if Milwaukee doesn’t need to play its best lineup. 55.5 looks tricky with this club and our recommendation is to pass on the Bucks or go cautiously with the UNDER.
Milwaukee Bucks: Looking Ahead
- Games remaining (regular season): 24
- Minimum overall record needed for OVER to hit: 56 – 26
- Summary: Milwaukee needs 15 wins in their remaining schedule to beat their win total
Further reading: NBA Power Rankings