The mobile version of the “Call of Duty” series racked up 100 million downloads during the first week of its launch. Sensor Tower revealed on Tuesday the debuts of recent smashes, including “Fortnite” and “The Battlefields of PlayerUnknown’s (PUBG).
In their first week of release, Pubeg, Fortnite and Electronic Arts “Apex Legends” scored 26,3 million.
“This is the biggest ever mobile game release for the first-week player base,” said Randy Nelson, Sensor Tower’s head of Video perspectives.
On Oct 1 the distributor Activision Blizzard Inc. began Call of Duty: Mobile and Sensor Tower have reported that in the time since then the figures are mirrored in the total installs worldwide through Apple’s App Store and Google Play.
The smash-hit is a game of “first-person-shooters” which encourages players to represent elite soldiers in various parts of the world chasing targets.
The handheld versions remained faithful to the player, but the meteoric rise of free online gaming forced businesses to adapt and improve their games on the smaller screen.
“Call of Duty,” which is also involved in Pubg’s Bluehole and Fortnite’s Epic Games and is credited with making the battle-royal style popular, with thousands of online players fighting each other to death, was brought for smartphone by Chinese internet giant Tencent Holds Ltd.
The US was the main attraction for a smartphone version, with 17% of its release week sales, led by Asia, where PUBG has a strong base. Tencent’s in China still about to start the game. Activision has marked 2019 as “transition year,” releasing the next “Call of Duty” workshop on Oct, 25. 2019.
In May the firm said it would slash 800 jobs and heavily invest in production for its key game brands,’ Call of Duty,” Candy Crush.’